There are many ways to heal a tattoo.
If you have another way that works better for you, then by all means,
please do it your way.
- Leave bandage on for at least 2 hours
- Remove bandage and wash with an anti-bacterial soap and warm water
- Pat dry with a clean paper towel and let air dry for 30 minutes
- Apply a very thin layer of unscented lotion
For the first 2-3 days, wash your tattoo lightly 2-3 times using an antibacterial soap and water (IVORY or DOVE).
After a few days, the tattoo will begin to scab and/or peel. Continue to wash very lightly using soap and warm water.
Apply a very thin layer of unscented lotion (Curel is best). The layer of lotion should be very thin just making the skin shine.
While Healing DO NOT:
- Wash the tattoo with a washcloth, a loofah, or anything abrasive
- Let the tattoo be exposed to direct sunlight or tanning lamps
- Go swimming, submerge, or soak your tattoo
- Let your friends touch it
- Pick or scratch scabs